Spent some more time on the RS this afternoon.
I installed the brake and throttle assembly, the grips, the gauge cluster and the brake line from the master cylinder to the manifold.
The cockpit started out looking like this:
And ended up looking like this:
I also fixed the center stand and re-installed it. I may ask Gus to put a little weld on it later, but it’s better now than it was.
I finished up by taking the bike off the stand so I could pull off the front wheel. I have a new front tire to get mounted up and want to get that done before I finish putting the brakes back on.
I also did the preliminary adjustment of the choke and throttle cables. I had a dream last night that I started the bike and rode it around, but even though it started right up, I had forgotten to adjust the throttle cables, so it didn’t run well at all.
So this is the current state:
After I get the front wheel back on, the bike will go back on the lift. I still need to do the neutral switch and the oil filter. Then I can put the exhaust back on and get the seat put back together. I still need to sandblast and paint the battery cage – have to find time to get that done – and then it should be about time to start it up!