I did some more work on the RS over the last few days. It’s starting to look like real progress is happening.
Over the last couple of days I have:
- Run the throttle and choke cables
- Installed the carburetors
- Installed the rear wheel
- Installed the rear fender
- Installed the saddle bag racks
- Installed a new oil pan gasket
- Filled the transmission, drive shaft and final drive with oil
- Started cleaning the K&N air filter (it’s filthy)
I took some photos of the oil pan.
Not perfect, but much nicer.
Unfortunately I discovered that the neutral switch, which screws into the bottom of the transmission, is leaking transmission oil. Damn it. I have to pull the whole rear end off again to replace that. I think I’m going to ignore it for a little while.
I have on order a battery, braided brake lines and brake pads.
I still need to get an oil filter, spark plugs and probably some oil.
It’s getting closer to done!