I just can’t stop messing with my ShapeOko mill.
Last night I moved the belts on the Y axis to the outside.
I also did the double-X axis mod. This stiffens the whole machine and removes a ton of flex from the Z axis.
Then I mounted up my router with the parts I machined the other day.
I fired it up and made some test holes with my G code generating perl script. I thought I had an issue because the holes were undersized, but then I double checked the end mill I was using. Turns out it is 7/32″ diameter instead of 1/4″. So that makes sense then.
Next up is making the final base plate for it. I’m going to mill and counter bore a bunch of holes to put tee-nuts in so I can bolt things down. Then I think I’ll plane a 2×4 to put on the bottom as a stiffener beam.
After that I need to figure out what I’m going to do for an electronics enclosure. I ran across an article about making a sheet metal brake, so I might try that.