3DMG Props – Progress Report – 3/13

Over the past few days we have done the following:

Made the nozzle – I just grabbed a piece of 3/4″ pine, drew a shape that looked good, cut it out on the band saw and rounded the edges on my belt sander. Then I used a 1/4″ Forstner bit to rough out the nozzle and some chisels and gouges to clean it up.

05-nozzleI then followed the same procedure to make the two devices that shoot the grappling hooks.

06-grappling

We started gluing up the scabbards too. We glued up two halves and then had to stop.

07-boxex 08-boxesTonight I started making the swords. I cut out a bunch of parts on the ShapeOko. The sword handles are going to be a glue up of several pieces of 1/4″ plywood.

Here are the center sections and two of the little hilts that go on the blade.10-handle-ctr

Here are two of the outer plates and the guards.

11-handle-platesThese are the ends of the spare blades that stick out of the scabbards.

09-blade-endsNext I had to fit the brake levers to the sword handle. I cut the plastic lever housing up on the bandsaw thus.

14-lever3And then notched the sword handle plates to suit.

13-lever2And this is what it looks like all together. It’s not glued at this point because I want Stefanie to look at it first. I think the handle is too wide, but we can cut it down.

15-sword-trialAnd that’s the progress up until now.

%d bloggers like this: